Invisalign in Cheyenne WY
What is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign is a series of removable, clear aligners that orthodontists use as an alternative to traditional metal dental braces. Our patients love them mostly because they are almost invisible in appearance, but there are many other advantages to wearing Invisalign.
- Removable – Invisalign is meant to be removed for eating, drinking, and brushing. That means no more food stuck in your mouth appliance.
- Limited Side Effects – Invisalign wearers typically don’t suffer from some of the side effects of traditional fixed appliances, such as demineralization of the teeth. Users also usually experience less pain and discomfort.
- Potentially Faster Treatment Cycle – Some preliminary studies have shown that Invisalign treatments work faster than traditional fixed appliances.
Dr. Braces Wyoming is considered an Invisalign Preferred provider and has demonstrated her commitment to learning the latest in technology advances through continuing education and her proficiency and expertise to design treatment plans specific to our patients’ needs.
Invisalign is a great approach for some patients. Visit with us to determine whether or not Invisalign is right for you!
Invisalign takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligners are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you simply wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your orthodontist plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You simply pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete and you achieve the confident smile that you’ve always wanted.
In most cases, the Invisalign cost is comparable to the cost of traditional braces. However, as with other medical treatments, only your doctor can determine the cost, based on your specific needs. Other factors may include your treatment goals, the difficulty of your case, how long you are in treatment, where you live, your orthodontic insurance coverage, and additional factors determined by your orthodontist.
Yes. More than 2 million people worldwide have been treated with Invisalign.
Yes, you can take out the trays to eat, brush and floss.
Orthodontic treatment improves your smile and your health. A great smile improves your appearance, and also leads to enhanced confidence. But most importantly, straight teeth are healthy teeth.
Poorly arranged teeth can break easily and trap food particles that cause tooth decay and gum disease. People with crooked teeth generally have heightened risks for cavities and gum problems because the teeth are harder to clean and place extra stress on the other teeth, as well as the gums and jaw.
Crooked teeth are also harder to clean so that people with crooked teeth tend to have more cavities and gum problems than people who have orthodontic treatment. Crooked teeth wear in ways that they should not. This puts extra stress on your teeth, gums and jaw which can lead to problems later on.
A lesser known risk with crooked teeth is the possibility of breathing problems. As you get older the roof your mouth can sometimes partially block the air passages in your nose. If you have orthodontic treatment you can avoid this possibility.
Once your braces are removed, the best way to keep your teeth straight and your smile beautiful is through retainers. Here at Braces Wyoming , a combination of both fixed and removable retainers are used to maintain your smile. The best way to ensure great results is to wear them exactly as instructed. Otherwise, some of the great progress made by your braces will be lost.
- Wear them as directed – this cannot be stressed enough. Most removable retainers need to be worn full time for the first 6 months and then can be worn at nighttime after that. Fixed or “glued-in” retainers should be kept in as long as can be tolerated by the patient. If you chose to have these retainers removed by either Dr. Braces Wyoming or your dentist, make sure to get a removable retainer that can be worn at nighttime. Do not go without some form of retention as long as you want your teeth to remain in the position they were placed in after orthodontic treatment.
- Keep them clean – we’ll show you how to keep your retainers clean. In doing so, they’ll not only work better, but keep the buildup of bacteria out of your mouth. A thorough cleaning from your dentist is recommended every six months.
- Handle with care – if a removable retainer is not in your mouth, it should be placed in its case. While they are easy to lose, they aren’t cheap to replace. Should you lose or break your retainer, contact us immediately and we’ll get a replacement made.